Mandatory Licenses

Global importing and selling in USA, you will need the following:

EIN:  You will need to obtain EIN to import your products in bulk. If you hire Shipcrow to handle your goods in USA you are going to have to produce your EIN. Federal tax ID gives you a identity in US to your business.

Re-seller Permit:  To use the services of a warehouse in any US state you will need a registration with the secretary of state. You will have to charge sales tax to your customers in that particular state.

US Address:  US Customs uses a address to list you as a Importer of Records.

Paying tax in USA

As a non-US resident, your Delaware LLC will only be taxed on the income from US sources. This means that income from other countries will not be taxed by the US. Non-residents are subject to two different tax rates. One for effectively connected income (ECI), and one for fixed or determinable, annual, or periodic (FDAP) income.

FDAP income is passive income such as rents, royalties, dividends or pensions. This income is taxed at a flat 30% rate, unless there is a tax treaty that specifies a lower rate.  For LLC any US-sourced profit income will be taxed according to the corporate tax slab.  At the end of the year, you will file your US taxes on Form 1040-NR with the actual amount due. If the amount due is less than the percentage initially taxed, the IRS will issue a refund in the amount overpaid.

Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA):

If you pay tax in USA then you could avoid paying more taxes in your home country. USA has DTAA with the following countries:

DTAA Countries.

Need help with Indian Tax.